VILLAGE OF KALKASKA
BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
MINUTES OF A REGULAR MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2017 IN THE VILLAGE OF KALKASKA COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 200 HYDE STREET, KALKASKA, MICHIGAN, 49646.
- CALL TO ORDER: The Village of Kalkaska Brownfield Redevelopment Authority regular meeting was called to order by Chair Neuhardt at 9:02 a.m.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chair Neuhardt, Mark Avery, Kevin Rogols and Valerie Thornburg
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: None
PUBLIC PRESENT: Cash Cook, Dawn Uranis and Mac McClelland
Thornburg was appointed to take minutes in Clerk Koon’s absence.
- APPROVAL OF REGULAR AGENDA: Motion by Avery, second by Rogols, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- September 7, 2017 Regular Meeting – Motion by Avery, second by Thornburg, to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None
- CORRESPONDENCE: DDA Director Cash Cook stated that Peter Young, owner of the Cornell building, requested return of the unused portion of his deposit for the Brownfield Plan there. This item was tabled to the November 9, 2017 meeting.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
- CURRENT BUSINESS
- Revenue/Expenditure Report:
- Approval of Bills
- Westshore Publications Invoice# 48872: Motion by Avery, second by Rogols, to approve as presented. A roll call vote was then taken: Ayes – Avery, Rogols, Neuhardt and Thornburg; Nays – None; Absent – None. Motion carried.
- Otwell Mawby Invoice# 17047: Motion by Neuhardt, second by Avery, to approve as presented. A roll call vote was then taken: Ayes – Avery, Rogols, Neuhardt and Thornburg; Nays – None; Absent – None. Motion carried.
- Consider Membership Application from Dawn Uranis: Motion by Avery, second by Neuhardt, to recommend to Village Council that Dawn Uranis be appointed to the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority. A roll call vote was then taken: Ayes – Avery, Rogols, Neuhardt and Thornburg; Nays – None; Absent – None. Motion carried.
Uranis inquired about getting updated on current Brownfield projects.
- Consider Submission of EPA Brownfield Assessment Grant Application: Mac McClelland of Otwell Mawby stated that he prepared and submitted an application in last year’s cycle, which was not successful. McClelland advised that the due date for applications is November 16, 2017.
Motion by Avery, second by Rogols, to request that Otwell Mawby prepare a Brownfield Assessment Grant Application for the Kalkaska Brownfield Redevelopment Authority. Motion carried on a voice vote. The application will be reviewed and acted upon at the November 9, 2017 regular meeting.
- FOR YOUR INFORMATION: None
- PUBLIC COMMENT: Cash Cook stated that the Master Plan update process has been very time-consuming. Dawn Uranis advised the board that she is a “Friend of the Library”.
- BOARD COMMENTS: None
- ADJOURNMENT – With no other business coming before the Board, motion by Avery, second by Rogols, to adjourn. Motion carried on a voice vote. The meeting was adjourned at 9:22 a.m.
Recorded By: Valerie Thornburg, Brownfield Redevelopment Authority member