VILLAGE OF KALKASKA
PLANNING COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
AUGUST 3, 2017
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 200 HYDE STREET
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
Chair Larsen called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
PRESENT: Chair Larsen, Burgin, Baxter, Sieting, White and Yost.
PUBLIC PRESENT: Mike Hickey, Liz Tucker, Jodi Willison, Ruthann Willison, David Willison, Ryan Basore, Laverne Warchock, Ron Ascione, Dean Templeton, Mickey Miller, Tim Ellis and Phil Stout.
Chair Larsen led with the Pledge of Allegiance.
ASSIGN MEMBER TO TAKE MINUTES IN CLERK’S ABSENCE
Chair Larsen assigned Vice-Chair Baxter to take minutes in the absence of Clerk Koon.
APPROVAL OF REGULAR AGENDA
Motion by Sieting, second by White, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried on a voice vote.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- July 6, 2017 Regular Meeting: Motion by White, second by Burgin, to approve as presented. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- To hear public comments on a Petition to Amend the Zoning Ordinance submitted by the Richard Templeton Irrevocable Family Trust: Motion by Sieting, second by Burgin, to open the Public Hearing. Motion carried on a voice vote. The Public Hearing was opened at 6:04 p.m.
Chair Larsen read two letters regarding the proposed zoning amendment from individuals who were not in attendance. These are attached to the original file. Public comment was opened.
Mike Hickey, who owns property near the site of the proposed amendment, asked for the intended purpose of the property. A representative for the Templeton family stated that, at this time, he is unaware of the potential buyer’s intended use for the property.
DDA Director Cash Cook read a statement pertaining to this matter. No further public comment took place.
Motion by Sieting, second by White, to approve the Petition for Amending the Zoning Ordinance to change said property from Commercial to Industrial. A roll call vote was then taken: Ayes – Chair Larsen, Burgin, Sieting, White and Yost; Nays – Baxter; Absent – None. Motion carried.
Motion by Sieting, second by White, to close the Public Hearing. Motion carried on a voice vote. The Public hearing was closed at 6:10 p.m.
- Historical District Study Committee: Burgin requested that DDA Director Cash Cook copy the maps needed to proceed.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – None
- Consider Action on the Petition to Amend the Zoning Ordinance submitted by the Richard Templeton Irrevocable Family Trust: See vote above. Yost asked the property owner for the location of the parcel to be developed. Discussion took place on an easement and future access to the property.
- Expenditure Report: Motion by Sieting, second by Yost, to accept as presented. Motion carried on a voice vote.
- Schedule Public Hearing – Petition to Amend Zoning Ordinance (Angelo Ascione Estate): Motion by Yost, second by Burgin, to schedule the Public Hearing for the September 7, 2017 meeting. Motion carried on a voice vote.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
Motion by Sieting, second by White, to adjourn. Motion carried on a voice vote. The meeting was adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Recorded by: LeNell Baxter, Vice-Chair