Village of Kalkaska
Downtown Development Authority
MINUTES OF A SPECIAL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26, 2017 IN THE VILLAGE COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 200 HYDE STRET, KALKASKA, MICHIGAN, 49646
- CALL TO ORDER: The Village of Kalkaska Downtown Development Authority special meeting was called to order by Chair Bruce Zenner at 4:31 PM.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Burgin, Sieting, Zenner, Coffey, Yost, Paryani and Johnson
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: Sanborn, Ascione
PUBLIC PRESENT: Mickey Miller, Damien Allen, John Roberts, Gayenell Gentelia (Recording Secretary) Cash Cook (DDA Director)
- CURRENT BUSINESS:
- Discussion on Board and Administration: Board and Administration have forgotten their duties. Business owners are stating they have not seen Cash or Gayenell and are lapse in their duties to the business owners. DDA work for the business owners and business owner’s needs are not being met.
- Discussion on Activity at Railroad Square: Tent needs to be left up for the entire summer season. Community wants a movie night. What is being done? Library partnership was needed, grant for a movie screen was submitted, but was not successful. License is needed to show movies, Library has a license. Village does not need to partner with Library to do Movie Night.
- Movie Night at Railroad Square: Old screen was retrieved by Citizens 4 Kalkaska, Damien has the screen (not an inflatable screen). Citizens 4 Kalkaska are willing to staff Movie Night. Screen will be placed on the east side of the museum, suspended between 2 utility poles. Projector will be placed on the other side of the railroad tracks. Damien will provide PA system. Discussed Crowdfunding to help raise funds for a more suitable screen. Will need an FM transmitter (approx. $40). Motion by Yost to direct Yost and Sieting to request the Village of Kalkaska Council partner with Citizens 4 Kalkaska to bring movie night back to Kalkaska at Railroad Square and waive all fees, second by Burgin. All Ayes. Motion Carried.
- ADJOURN: Meeting adjourned by Chair Zenner. All Ayes, motion carried.
Next Meeting – May 2, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
Recording Secretary: Gayenell Gentelia